Start time: 9:53am
End time: 11:00am
Present: 19 people present –Luisa Iglio, Hallie Moyse, Anita Bartha, Kim Menna, Tanya Kusiewicz, Randy Zucker, Lorraine Montpetit, Shoshana Neuer, Franca Pietromanaco, Melanie Mammarella, Sonia Cohen, Sara Moriano, Josie Gemma, Kelly Bray, Stephen Moneit, Jackie Kelly, Chelsea Shulnick, Andria Mallozzi, Antoniette Colasurdo, Lisa Comerford, Danna Burges, Sara Kramer, Nancy Pellerin, Demi Frantzeskakes, Chelsea Sculnick.
- MF news:
- Date of filing year-end report has been pushed back by 3 months
- Rapport d’activité is due by June 30th
- Covid update -Masks are not obligatory as of June 14th, 2021
- Survey for salaries is obligatory – add to your Internal Board minutes
- Bulletin from MF says that masks are not mandatory as of June 14th, 2021as well as additional lessening of restrictions.
- Red and orange zones: CNESST requires mask wearing, we can be fined up to 6k.
- Yellow zones – staff can remove masks as per the MF bulletin.
- Vaccination is not mandatory and we cannot enforce the staff to get vaccinated. Some staff are nervous to get vaccinated.
- Discussion about vaccination – labor law, employer policies, etc.it would be to wait until further news and laws set by government.
- As employers, we also have to be very careful about asking personal questions to our staff regarding getting vaccinated.
- Policies may be implemented to request for more frequent testing to ensure that the non-vaccinated are negative Covid.
- CPE cannot enforce families to vaccinate anyone as well.
- CPE policies – Families need to continue to be vigilant and respect the Covid procedures. For example, if a family is getting tested for Covid they must stay home – entire family must not come to daycare until they receive negative results.
- Rapid testing – not recommended for young children. Danna will send supporting documentation.
- Professional development:
- June 23rd: CPE Shalom to join us for our end of the year picnic in the park for re-connecting at the end of the year.
- Give feedback for the upcoming year – what would be topics for educators to give a kick start to the year.
- Josie Gemma: Vacation for children
Look into bringing some change to see what we can do about children getting a vacation. She would like to organize a is committee for – Children’s Vacations: they deserve a vacation too. Look at research and other associations over the next year to see what is the history and moving forward for children and them getting a break based on research and facts.
- Josies Gemma: is taking on the new position at the new CPE for the Jewish General Hospital – new facility 80 spaces! Congratulations!! She asked if anyone is willing to offer their seasoned staff to go to help her start up the new CPE for a new challenge for a short period of time.
- Andria Mallozzi: 64 CPE daycare downtown is closing, Andria as well as other members have received calls from Mf to see if they would be willing to take over the CPE.
- Antoniette: transparent masks: provincial government who does all the purchasing of PPE will be receiving sample masks to give feedback on which masks are better. Antonietta will be suggesting to the government to stop sending us masks rather to allow for the money to be sent to the CPE’s so that we can purchase the masks we like and need, as well as to use the money for training for language acquisition, i.e. sign language skills.
Respectfully submitted by: Athena Xenos, secretary